Wednesday, 15 December 2010

Wikis

I can really see the usefulness of wikis in libraries, even for Ellenbrook Library - maybe a community information hub or an internal working document for processes and procedures.

I've had a look at all of the suggested wikis.
My main comment is that they are not very pretty!
Except for the Twilight one. Yay Team Jacob.

Since I've started a twitter account  already I can use that to sign in to Wetpaint. Yay.

I've applied to be a writer, now waiting to be approved so I can add my 150 words.

I'm going to read some Wikileaks while I'm waiting.



*Update* wiki addition here

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that a lot of Wikis don't look that pretty. It may be that a lot of free Wikis often provide limited ability to spuce up the design unless you pay for the full features. Also, I guess that a lot of Wikis are created purely for informational purposes and the users may not be too concerned about the look and feel of the site. Then again, sometimes it may just be a case of peoples laziness or lack of design skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Community Info - now there's an idea

    ReplyDelete