I can't believe I have never done this before!!
Geocaching could be used to give our bored teenage customers something to do other than harrass library staff! We're always saying they need to go outside and use up some of their energy - this would be perfect!!
They all have bikes or scooters, and mobile phones, and I'm sure that one of them must have a GPS enabled one. I see them all over Ellenbrook and The Vines so they are already getting around the place.
I'm sure there are other customers who would enjoy this too.
So should Libraries be getting involved in this kind of thing? I say, Why not?
It's another way of getting out into the community, connecting with the things that interest our customers, and possibly attracting new customers.
We could confiscate all the balls brought into the library and get students to find them again by sending them on a treasure hunt
ReplyDelete